Use the form below to search fantastic deals on Ryedale Hotels, B&Bs, Self-catering accommodation.
Things to do during your stay
Please use the form below to find attractions in Ryedale.
What's On during your stay
Please use the form below to find events in Ryedale.
Malton & Norton Leisure Activities
Nestled in the rolling Yorkshire countryside, Malton and Norton are the perfect place to experience the freedom of the great outdoors and take advantage of the many leisure activities available.
Whether it be on foot or on wheels you can be sure to find plenty of ways to discover the exhilarating beauty of the Ryedale countryside.
Cyclists in particular are blessed with both the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Yorkshire Wolds that offer excellent day rides on back-roads and country lanes, many of which are accessible by train from Malton station. Look out for the Bike Skies Bike Rides and Bike Rides and Rambles in the Howardian Hills publications available from visitor information points, local retailers or via the cycling section.
Malton and Norton Golf Club is a 27 hole parkland golf course and is the sporting home of Simon Dyson, the internationally known golf professional. The course, accessed from Welham Road, has an excellent reputation and attracts visitors from a wide catchment area.
Other leisure facilities include the Derwent Swim and Fitness Centre which offers a variety of activities serving locals and visitors alike.
Appleton-le-Street to Malton
A 7 mile (11km) linear walk from the small village of Appleton-le-Street to the market town of Malton. Begin by catching the bus from Malton to Appleton-le-Street where you can enjoy a drink at the dog-friendly village pub before beginning the linear walk back into town. Along the way you will enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Howardian Hills including long stretches of pretty woodland and good views across the Castle Howard estate.
Malton and Broughton Lane
A 4.5 mile (7km) circular walk (part of which is easy access) from the market town of Malton. The route heads west, leaving the town via the footbridge over the A64 to explore a pretty woodland belt and a beautiful stretch of the green track, Broughton Lane with lots of wild flowers to enjoy in the spring and summer.
Malton and St Mary's Priory
A 3 mile (5km) easy access circular walk from the market town of Malton. The route explores the town’s market place, a beautiful stretch of the River Derwent and a number of historic sites including St Mary’s Priory, Orchard Fields (the site of an old Roman fort) and the site of the old castle.
Malton and Swinton
A 6 mile (10km) circular walk from the market town of Malton in Ryedale. The route heads north-west, leaving the town via the footbridge over the A64 to visit the two pretty villages of Broughton and Swinton, with chance for refreshments at the Blacksmiths Arms in Swinton and plenty of tranquil paths to enjoy.
Norton and Auburn Hill
A 6 mile (10km) circular walk from the market town of Norton on Derwent. The route performs a loop to the east, taking in long stretches of peaceful arable fields and the southern tracks and lanes which are home to many horse racing stables.
Norton and Langton
A 5 mile (8km) circular walk near the market town of Norton on Derwent in Ryedale. The route performs a loop to the south to visit the picturesque village of Langton, taking in long stretches of peaceful tracks with stunning views plus chance to meet racehorses and pigs along the way.
Norton and Menethorpe
A 6.5 mile (10.5km) circular walk from Malton rail station in the market town of Norton-on-Derwent in Ryedale. The route heads south-west, through sheep pastures, horse paddocks and the golf course to reach the tiny hamlet of Menethorpe before returning through fields and cattle pastures alongside the River Derwent.
Norton and Whitewall Views
A 2.5 mile (4km) easy access circular walk from the market town of Norton on Derwent. The route performs a simple loop through the pavements and southern lanes, home to many horse racing stables, including a stretch along Whitewall which gives lovely views back across Norton and Malton.
Use the map below to view leisure activities in Malton & Norton.
A 3 mile (5km) easy access circular walk from the market town of Malton. The route explores the town’s market place, a beautiful stretch of the River Derwent and a number of historic sites including St Mary’s Priory, Orchard Fields (the site of an old Roman fort) and the site of the old castle. - See more at: http://www.visitryedale.co.uk/see-do/activities/walking#sthash.PaSBPLbR.dpuf
You are searching for:
- Category: Leisure Activities
- Area: Malton
- Sandy Lane, Wintringham, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 8HWNature, Parks & GardensYorkshire's largest Lavender & Herb Farm set on the Northern Edge of the Yorkshire Wolds. Lavender fields raised lavender & herb beds, Lavender Fields, Nature Walk, Maze, Steam fired Distillery, unique products made on site. Tearoom Shop. ...
- Yorkshire Wolds, Malton, YO17 7LPLeisure activitiesThe most northerly chalk hills in Great Britain this area lies in the south-eastern area of Ryedale. ...
- 19 Saville Street, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 7LLCycle HireNorthern Ride are the only North Yorkshire stockist of Olympia Scapin and Focus bikes; they believe in providing a quality service and these brands will help them achieve that. ...
- Welham Park, Norton-on-Derwent, North Yorkshire, YO17 9QEGolfMalton and Norton Golf Club is a twenty seven hole course of three contrasting loops providing challenge and enjoyment for members and visitors alike. ...
- Station Road, Ganton, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO12 4PAGolfGanton in the Vale of Pickering between York and Scarborough ranks among the very best of Britain's inland courses. It is ranked in the top 60 in the world and has played host to any number of amateur and professional tournaments. ...
- Chancery Lane, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 7HWCinemaFamily Owned and run Independent cinema with Art Deco character. A 3 Screen cinema (one we believe is the smallest commercial screen in the country) using playing up to date films on release date for family and discerning audiences. ...
- Church Street, Norton, Malton, North Yorkshire, YO17 9HPLeisure activitiesHome to a 25 metre pool Fitness Suite and Sauna. Free parking can be found in the public car park opposite the centre. ...