Use the form below to search fantastic deals on Ryedale Hotels, B&Bs, Self-catering accommodation.
Things to do during your stay
Please use the form below to find attractions in Ryedale.
What's On during your stay
Please use the form below to find events in Ryedale.
Helmsley Leisure Activities
Nestled in the rolling Yorkshire countryside, Helmsley is the perfect place to experience the freedom of the great outdoors and take advantage of the many leisure activities available.
Whether it be on foot or on wheels you can be sure to find plenty of ways to discover the exhilarating beauty of the Ryedale Countryside.
Helmsley and Ash Dale Woods
A 2 mile easy circular walk from the classic medieval market town of Helmsley in North Yorkshire. The walk begins in the market square before heading out alongside the beck to reach playing fields and sheep pastures. The route then skirts through the edge of Ash Dale Woods before following the quiet roads back into town.
Helmsley and Beck Dale
A 6.5 mile (10.5km) circular walk from the market town of Helmsley in Ryedale. The route heads north through the beautiful woodland belt of Beck Dale, following an idyllic babbling brook, before crossing a few fields and returning via another woodland belt, Ash Dale.
Helmsley and Riccal Dale
An 8 mile (13km) circular walk from the market town of Helmsley. The route heads out across sheep pastures and open fields to explore the woodland ravine of Riccal Dale, in the company of the beautiful River Riccal.
Helmsley and Rievaulx Abbey
A 6.5 mile (10.5km) there and back walk from the market town of Helmsley. The route follows the Cleveland Way through open fields, beautiful woodland belts and along quiet lanes to visit the spectacular Rievaulx Abbey before returning along the same route.
Helmsley and River Rye
A 4 mile (6.5km) circular walk from the market town of Helmsley in Ryedale. The route heads south along the banks of the River Rye, through pastures and crop fields, crossing the river via the footbridge alongside the fish farm and then returning on a higher farm track giving glorious long-reaching views.
Helmsley Discovery Trail
A 1.2 mile (2km) easy access circular trail around the market town of Helmsley. The route discovers several of the town’s key attractions including the bustling Market Place, the pretty beck, the imposing castle, the magnificent walled gardens and a short stretch of the Cleveland Way.
Use the map below to view leisure activities in Helmsley.
You are searching for:
- Location: Helmsley
- Category: Leisure Activities
- , Helmsley, North Yorkshire, YO62 5BLLeisure activitiesThe main objective of the treasure hunt is for you and your family or friends to have FUN! ...
- Baxtons Lane, Helmsley, North Yorkshire, YO62 5HTLeisure activitiesAn open air heated pool open from late June until early September providing a refreshing experience in picturesque 12 century Helmsley. ...
- Castlegate, Helmsley, North Yorkshire, YO62 5ABCastleExplore the castle's changing fortunes. From formidable fortress to battle-scarred ruins. With other additions including a mansion house. ...
- Shaken Bridge Farm, Hawnby, Helmsley, North Yorkshire, YO62 5LTLeisure activitiesCome to Bilsdale Riding Centre. Enjoy beautiful riding over moors and farm land on an extensive network of bridle paths and green lanes with splendid views good clean air and wildlife in abundance. ...
- The Old Meeting House, Helmsley, York, YO62 5DWTheatreHelmsley Arts Centre is a thriving venue for live theatre music dance cinema literature exhibitions classes workshops and conferences. ...
- Helmsley, Helmsley, North Yorkshire, YO62 5HTLeisure activities...